Vehicle Auction/ Recruitment
The G.B. Pant Social Science Institute is recruiting faculty for its core positions as well as tenurial/temporary positions for its teaching and research programmes. Applications are invited for positions of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors with proven research record in thrust areas* of the Institute. Minimum qualifications and pay scales will be as per UGC norms. Selection for senior positions may not be restricted to the pool of applicants. Contractual appointments on deputation or otherwise may also be considered.
The number of vacant positions is as under:
- Professors: Unreserved - 06, SC - 01
- Associate Professors: Unreserved - 04, SC - 01
- Assistant Professors: Unreserved - 03, OBC - 02, SC - 01
The Institute also invites applications from social scientists for a few positions of Senior/Visiting Fellow to pursue independent research on a subject of their choice in their respective area of specialization for a period up to two years. A Senior/Visiting Fellow shall be an eminent scholar who may be interested in carrying out research in areas of interest to the Institute. The Senior/Visiting Fellow shall submit a research proposal along with his/her bio-data for consideration of the Selection Committee.
Applicants with proven research and/ or teaching experience may submit their applications by registered/speed post. This is a rolling advertisement. There is no last date. The first round of screening shall include applications received by March 31, 2016. Applicants may also email their applications (along with the post) to facultyrecruitment [at] gbpssi [dot] org [dot] in. Application form may be downloaded from the Institute's web site.
* The thrust areas of research in the Institute are as follows:
1. Development, Planning and Policy: Research encompassing macro, sectoral and area development issues.
2. Exclusion and Deprivation: Research with a focus on marginal, deprived and vulnerable groups such as dalits, tribals, women, peasants, the poor
3. Population, Mobility and Environment.
The proposed thrust areas are inter-disciplinary and encompass institutional and governance issues.